ACM SIGSIM Travel Support Program for Ph.D. Students
to attend Winter Simulation Conference and ACM SIGSIM PADS
Call for Nominations
To support the professional development of Ph.D. students working in the field of modeling and simulation, SIGSIM offers travel support for up to 15 students to attend the Winter Simulation Conference (10) and ACM SIGSIM PADS (5).
Individual awards of up to $1000 will be made. These awards can be used for travel, lodging, and registration expenses. Awardees will need to submit receipts for reimbursement after attending the conference.
- Application materials should be submitted to the SIGSIM Student Travel Awards Committee at least three months prior to the conference start date.
- Students will be notified of award decisions within one month.
- The applicant must be enrolled in a Ph.D. program.
- The student's research must relate directly to advancing the art of simulation.
- The applicant must be a current member of SIGSIM.
- Supported students may be asked to offer some assistance to the conference organizers and SIGSIM at the conference. This may require up to four hours of their time at the conference.
Application materials should include:
- A statement of up to 500 words describing how participation in the ACM SIGSIM conference, WSC or PADS, will benefit the student's professional development (including detail on how the monies will be spent).
- A description of the student's research objectives in the field of modeling and simulation and how this research will advance the field.
- The student's current curriculum vitae.
- A support letter from an individual familiar with the student's simulation-related research.
- An academic transcript of the student's graduate work. This transcript should show that the student is currently enrolled in a Ph.D. program.
The above materials should be submitted via email within a single zip file to: